Thursday, October 28, 2010

Treat holders x2 and a layout

So I decided not to do a title on this page.  Can you guess the location of these pictures.  I am hoping it is obvious.  They are from my son's field trip last year to the San Francisco Zoo.  I was unable to attend, but thankfully his teacher was a scrapper too and made sure I had these for my album.  The blue background paper is from my stash(it's either from a Wausau pack or it's Bazzill Smoothies in Huckleberry Pie).  The pattern is from the All About Boys Stack.  I then took some white acrilyc paint and a brand new pencil (I used the eraser) to add some polka dots to the page.  The orange mat is also Bazzill smoothies in Tamgerine.  The Golden Gate Bridge was something I had made with the Destinations cartridge when I was demo-ing it at Costco.  I had kept it because I knew it would eventually be perfect for a page.  It was cut at 3.75 inches.  The monkeys were done with the New Arrival cartridge onmy Gypsy so I can't tell you the exact size but I know it was around 2 inches.  All layers were cut with scrap papers.

The Zoo entrance sign was cut from the Everday Paper Dolls cartridge with the Gypsy.  I stretched it out to fit over the picture.  This was only cut in grey.  I colored the word "Zoo" with a black permanent marker, then I inked the edges and then covered the whole thing in Crackle Accents.  After it dried I added a bit more ink.  I really love the effect.














I saw the most fab tutorial today from Joni at A Sticky Situation.  She is the owner of Inktegrity digi stamps, who I design for.  This tutorial however, has nothing to do with stamps.  it is a super cute, super fast treat holder.  I whipped up a couple just to try it out , but I will for sure be making more someday. 








Also after making the 60+ goodie bags for my kids friends the other say, they informed me that I needed something for their teachers as well.  This is somethign that has been floating around the web alot
recently although I remember making these 3-4 years ago with a group of preschoolers that I was teaching at the time.  They were made with orange scraps of paper and a few easy supplies.  I won't go into all the details as I am sure you have seen them before.  Then I just slid them open and scooted some candy inside, then slid them shut again.  I have never seen them with treats in them before but I think it works quite nicely.  The leaves are from Gypsy Wanderings and I cut the shadow as well as the regular layer.  On the shadow piece I inked it a bit since the scrap of paper I used was a bit too bright for this project.  The buttons are American Crafts and the twine is from the dollar store.  The darker green is Bazzill and I cut the strip at about a 1/4 of an inch before twisting it aroound my tweezers to make the vine.  I filled these with some Sugar Babies and mini Chic-O-Sticks. 

1 comment:

  1. You have to start entering all your works in challenges! What an assortment. That pumpkin is so fun, especially filled with candy, I have never seen one before.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog