Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Beary Special

I usually scrap pictures almost as soon as I get them printed so imagine my surprise when I found these pictures from the beginning of the last school year.  I had forgotten that a friend had given them to me since I was working on the day that the kids got to bring their favorite teddy bear to preschool. Kamrie brought Tenderheart Care Bear.  The reason she has this bear is because for Homecoming my junior year of high school the Peer Counselors decorated their float in my parents backyard and the theme was In the Time of the CareBears.  We made CareAlot Land and the pictures from that are in the very first scrapbookt hat I ever created.  We all dressed up like Care Bears and I was Tenderheart bear so when Kamrie was born my mom bought her this stuffed version.  I followed the sketch posted over at ScrapTiffany.  I used paper from CosmoCricket's Girl Friday collection and cardstock from my Stash.  Both pinks are American Crafts, not sure what the yellow is, the brown in the bear is SU Chocolate chip.  Of course I also used my Martha Stewart loop punch.  The background shape was cut on my Cricut from the Storybook cartridge and stretched out on my Gypsy. 

This was my first attempt at this type of bear.  I was too scared to make her entire body.  I basically cut out a few circles and an oval and a couple of tear drop shapes as well as a heart and then played around with those.  The smaller circles were trimmed by hand and became the ears and hands, the heart was trimmed and became the nose and of course the teardrops became the eyes.  I used some halk, chalk ink, my white signo pen, a brown pen and a pop dot to complete this.  Some doodling and Stickles finished this off.  For anyone who is wondering the title is also done on the Gypsy with the Pooh Font.  Oh and the ribbon up top was an afterthought but I thought it needed something frilly and girly.

4 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! So cute and I just love the colors!! :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed, you did a fabulous job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out super cute!! So glad you played along with the sketch at ScrapTiffany!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog