Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Apple picking time

I have never been apple picking but I sure would love to.  I really need to find out if there is a place around here to go.  I wanted to share with you some sneak peeks of some soon to be released images over at Inktegrity.  The apple card was colored with my Close to my Heart watercolor pencils and an Aqua painter brush.  I added some doodling with my pens on the little hanky and some CTMH Liquid glass for some shine.  I used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches.  All my paper is American Crafts except for my white which is from Walmart and red which is a scrap of Stampin Up that was in my bin from my gumball layout the other day.  The patterned paper is from last years American Crafts Christmas stack but works so perfectly for this.  It's hard to tell but the image is actually on the inside of the card.  The outside is cut with Nesties as is the frame that was then embossed with the Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder. 


Candy the Squirrel will be released soon too.  I paper pieced him with papers from my scrap stash and added a bit of coloring and chalk.  For his tail I cut it out twice and on the top layer used my Crop-a-dile II to punch holes to give him a polka dotted tail to match that of the squirrel in the patterned paper.  This paper is from last year's Autumn stack from Recollections, not sure where the orange is from but I used it in the pumpkin card last week.  Some yellow cardstock from my stash was pleated and folded and a sentiment was handwritten to complete this.  this card is also using the sketch challenge over at the Inktegrity challenge site, won't you please play along with us? the winner gets some free digi images.

4 comments:

  1. I love the shine on the apples. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my your apple card is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cute! Those apples are fab with the accents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both great. The apple one is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog