Thursday, December 2, 2010

Still Thankful

This is what I am thankful for.  I haven't posted any of my Thanksgiving projects yet so I thought I would do that now as well as share why I am thankful for these guys on Thanksgiving and every other day of the year.  My daughter came home from school on the first day back after the break and told me that a little girl in her Kindergarten class had lost her house and all her possessions in a fire over the vacation.  The homework assignment that night was to bring in something for the family be it something new, something used or just a drawing to cheer up the kids.  Well I started crying because I had spent that day felling sorry for myself because my husband is out of work right now and I have no idea if he will be working in time for me to buy presents for my kids this year.  So we found some blankets and a few toys and clothes to donate and both my kids were so excited and happy going through their things to help these people out.  I looked at my kids through my tears and my 8 year old son said to me "Who needs Christmas presents mom?"  And it is the little things like this why I am so thankful for my special blessings. 

 So onto the projects, these placecards were designed on my Gypsy and cut with my Cricut.  I used Blackletter solutions cartridge for the orangle shape, Gypsy Wanderings fopr the word Thanks and Don Juan for Give.  The orange and leaf paper were from my stash and the brown is Stampin Up Chocolate Chip.  I just scored it on the bottom to make a little stand for it.  These placemats were made by the kids.  I used my Nestabilities to cut out the scalloped circle and let the kids cut the feathers out of scraps from my stash.  We added a hand cut beak, some google eyes and my daughter drew on all the legs. 

This is a picture of the decorated table.  I used   paper that my husband uses for masking off the floors to prepare for texturing the walls (he's a drywall contractor) and placed a jar of crayons on the table for the kids to color with.  Turns out the adults had more fun with that as they all played hangman while eating pie.  I wish I had a picture of it after that.  The pumpkin in the center was one my son made last year in school, but is basically just fabric stuffed around and into a roll of toilet paper.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beautiful work!!Looking forward to work with you for Scrap Tiffany!
    Have a nice weekend!!
    Love,Jolanda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog