Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas gifts for teachers and classmates

 It is the last day of school before Christmas break.  We have been so busy around here with rehearsals for our churches Christmas play. that I was working down to the wire on teacher's gifts for my children to give out today.  A few days ago we made homemade hand scrub.  I have seen this on various blogs lately but can't remember the exact locations.  Google it and you will find tons of recipes and you are sure to have most, if not all, the ingredients already in your kitchen.  We made a strawberry version and a coffee version.  I decided to make them matching in the pink and brown(just opposite
of each other) to make it easy and so the colors would work after the holidays are over.  I reused some Starbucks bottles to put the scrub in, and attached a tiny spatula that I had from my days as a spa product consultant.  I used the Stampin' Up Scallop Trim punch as the border for my band.  Then I cut another strip of cardstock and stamped it with some Close to my Heart stamps and Stampin' Up ink. The tag was cut with Just Because cards and my Gypsy to size it to fit.  I used Microsoft Word also.  The ribbon is from American Crafts and my Stampin' Up cardstock and ink are Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink.  I forgot to take a picture of the top, but I did circle shaped word art, then punched it with a circle punch, inked the edges, then backed it with a scalloped circle that was the same size as the lid and was cut from my Nestabilities.  Perfect to hide the logo. 
















For the kids' classmates we made these.  Again, not sure where I got the idfea, but from somewhere on the web.  2 candy canes glued together, decorated with Rudolf from Doodlecharms(I hid the details on the Gypsy and added the google eyes and nose) and the Gingerbread man from Just Because Cards.  The stocking is also from Doodlecharms.  My son thought the candy cane idea was too childish for his 3rd grade buddies and came up with the Stocking idea on his own.  We cut two of them and they are glued together just on the edges so we could stick the lollipop in there.

2 comments:

  1. What awesome teacher gifts!!! I bet that scrub smells amazing and I love the tags you added to the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca, I really like the gifts that you have created. Thanks so much for sharing!! 'So glad that we will be working together on the Scrap Tiffany Design Team! Congrats, again!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog