Thursday, December 9, 2010

The First Noel

It's time for a new challenge over at Inktegrity.  This week we are to use non-traditional Christmas colors.  Joni made up a bunch of adorable sentiments that will be available in the store tomorrow.  These are so perfect for me because I love decorating my cards with things other than stamps, especially with Cricut cuts, but then I rarely remember to put a sentiment on them.  As soon as I saw this one, I thought of two things.

#1 I knew I wanted to use Baby Jesus from Paper Doll Dress Up for this card


#2 This would be the song that I sang for my solo at our church's trip to go caroling at a local area nursing home.  I just couldn't get the song out of my head.

I used DCWV Metallic stack for the background paper that I embossed with my Cuttlebug and the Divine Swirls folder.  The sentiment was matted with cardstock from American Crafts and inked with Memento Dew Drop Summer Sky, then pop dotted.  The cuts are all from Paper Doll Dress Up and the Cricut and make use of scraps.  The swaddling clothes have Memento Dew Drop London Fog inking as well as some zig pen doodling.  The face was hand drawn and then hay has ink and doodling as well.  The star was cut from (I think?) the Christmas cartridge with a scrap of metallic silver from that same DCWV stack.  I wasn't sure who this card was going to be for, but yesterday a woman from my church came over and gave me a very special Christmas blessing so I will be sending this card her way. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a super cool design, love the colors. Thank you so much for letting me know about the challenge so that I could enter my project that was super sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog