Monday, May 3, 2010

National Scrapbook Day

Well I know I am a few days late in posting this, but I had so much fun on my favorite holiday of the year, that I just didn't have the time to post.  Saturday was National Scrapbook Day and I spent friday night with a group of scrappers and card makers at a crop at a local church.  I got a couple of layouts done and was lucky enough to use a cricut cartridge that someone else had brought to share.  Then Saturday morning I got up bright and early while the kids were still asleep and my husband was gone on a Men's ministries excursion.  I stay in my jammies and scrapped the day away.  I participated in some challenges over at mypinkstamper.com.  So first up are the layouts I got done on Friday.


When i first got up and ready to scrap on Saturday, the challenges had not yet been posted at the My Pink Stamper site so I got started on this layout of my son's field trip to go on a hike for inspiration to write his own Haiku.  The name of my town is the word "haiku" spelled backwards so every year there is a huge festival here where children and adults are invited to submit their haikus.  Braden's class participated in this and Kamrie and I joined them on their hike.  While there Kamrie was inspired to "write" her own haiku(with help from Mom since she doesn't really know how to write yet).  She ended up winning Honorable mention and got her haiku published in a book they had made up for the festival.  The font is Plantin Schoolbook welded on the Gypsy and the Nature Lovers is done with Give a Hoot.  I welded the trees to the words.  This was also done for the LID challenge over on the Cricut messageboard.













Next up are the challenges that I completed.  First up is challenge #5 "Teacher Appreciation Days".  Well I needed some teacher gifts so I pulled out some black vinyl and these cute little buckets that I picked up at Target in the $1 spot.  I cut out the teachers initials from the Monogram feature on Tie the Knot and a swirl from Give a Hoot.  I am going to fill these with pencils. 















Next up was challenge #6 "Kids Craft Too" which was to make something for or with a child.  I did both.  I cut out this crown from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge.  kamrie chose the paper and embellishments.  I personally would not have chosen blue bling but I have to admit that it looks very regal.  The "K' is again from that monogram feature on Tie the Knot. 















Challenge #7 was "Hey Dad" and involved making anything masculine.  I am usually good at making masculine themed stuff.  I feel like this is a little plain, but since it is for a guy I didn't want it to be too frou-frou.  The font here is from Old West on the flourish feture and the shadow of the same.
















Now to challenge #8 "Love my color".  This was to make a monochromatic project.  I had some blue scraps out and this border was leftover from the one of the layouts on friday, so I added soem ribbon and some flowers for a super simple, yet classy card.  I think I can add a sentiment later when I decide what I want to use the card for. 


Challenge # 9 "Take Shape" was to create a shaped project.  I pulled out my Gypsy and made another of the butterfly cards that I had posted before.  I was wanting to try some different stuff with that one anyway, so this was the perfect opportunity.  This time I used the coredinations paper underneath and I used the bloomdots embossing folder along with that same blue paper from the previous card.  i added some stickles and crackle paint to the word and some liquid pearls gave the final touches.















Challenge #12 was "Critter-licious".  I had some pictures from a few months ago when the family had gone on a hike and took some snapshots by a beautiful waterfall.  I knew Give a Hoot would be perfect for the page title and then when I saw this challenge I was sure I could incorporate some of the cute critters from that cartridge as well.  The border is from this cartridge as well although I did manipulate it a bit on my Gypsy.  This was also done for the LID weekly sketch challenge over on the Cricut Message board. 


I also have one more project in the works for challenge #11 "Colors of the Rainbow" but I wanted to get these posted in case I d not have time to get that one finished.  Although I do need to get it done as it is the cards to go with the teacher gifts and tomorrow is Teacher appreciation day.

6 comments:

  1. I just LOVE all of the projects that you did for national scrapbook day (also my favorite holiday!) I soooooo wanted to join the pinkstamper but just didn't have time! :( I really love the projects that you did. Thanks for sharing them. And just in case you didn't see my response on my blog, you do not need to re-enter for the stampin' pastels. I still have the basket of names on my craft table. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, thanks so much. I saw those pastels in action at the crop went to Friday night...I could really get a lot of use out of them...although I am sure others can as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your projects are really great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am impressed with your blog... very very nice. And I love all of your projects, you are so creative. I don't think you signed up to be a follower on my blog, did you????? hugs my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it all especially the Smily Face LO. Great job

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog