Monday, June 28, 2010
After completing these, I decided to play some more with the Cricut Expression that I brought home from the demos. I have to mail it back this week so I have been trying to get some use out of it before I have to say goodbye. I also have the once upon a Princess cartridge on loan so my daughter and I made this, which she promptly filled with her finger puppets.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
I did a few more cards last night. These were also done with scraps leftover from previous projects. These scraps had all been cut down to 6x6 squares andf stashed with the rest of my full size paper. The watermelon is from the Doodlecharms cricut cartridge and the sentiment is from Just Because Cards. I added some Liquid Glass to the seeds and as you can tell I took the picture before all of them were completely dry.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Update: I entered this in a few challenges, and like a bonehead, forgot to follow some very simple rules. At the Cuttlebug Blog we were supposed to do a Father's day project and use our cuttlebugs. Makes sense to me and i had planned to emboss the word "DAD". I thought about it so much that I thought I had actually done it...oops. So I snagged this back from my DH while he was at work yesterday and carefully peeled off the letters and ran them through my Cuttlebug, shadow and all. What do you think?
Saturday, June 12, 2010
My good friend Sandy from Ukiah chose this award for me. As you can tell she has a great sense of humor. The rule is that now that I have accepted the award I must tell you 6 truths about myself and one lie or vice versa. Here goes:
1. Even though I was born near Los Angeles, my family and I are huge San Francisco Giants fans
2. I used to have a huge crush on Tony Kanal (from the band No Doubt) and have met him a few times.
3. In high school and college I competed in beauty pageants
4. My first job was scrubbing mats and the trampoline at a gymnastics school
5. I do not like going to the beach
6. I have been papercrafting for 12+ years
7. I love country music
And now comes some more fun. I have decided to pass this award on to 5 more people(who get to send it to 5 more and on and on). I hope you will visit all my picks as they are all very talented and have some amazing work posted on their blogs.
1. Christina at Christina's Creative Corner
2. Sandy at Cricut Green with Envy
3. Stephanie at Crafty Teacher
4. Iva at Iva Rai's Scrappy Blog
5. Crystal at Crafting for Caitlyn
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
I also made goodie bags for all the students. I designed these on my Gypsy with the Storybook cartridge for the base shape and Locker Talk for the grad cap and george and Basic Shapes for the Stars. All the paper was from my stash and is a random assortment. I made 16 of the grad ones and 20 of the stars.