Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ScrapTiffany Recycled Blog Hop

It's time for the Scrap Tiffany Trash to Treasure blog hop.  If you just visited Renee, then you are in the right place.  If you were just dropping in to check on me and make sure I didn't fall off the face of the earth, well thank you.  But what are you waiting for??!!  Start out at Scrap Tiffany for lots of fun, prizes and tons of trashy treasure!!  I have had this old raggedy clipboard around my house for years.  I wanted to transform it into something beautiful.  I decided to take pictures throughout the process to show you how amazing I am....I mean how amazing the clipboard turned out...haha...but my camera has a mind of it's own and didn't want to upload the before picture.  You know that old saying "You're so ugly that you broke the camera"? Well that's how ugly this thing was, so let's just leave it at that. 
 
I chose some hot pink houndstooth print paper that I picked up at Michael's on clearance for 14 cents a sheet.  Score!!  The paper was not quite long enough to cover completely, so I cut a three inch strip off the bottom and started modge podging the two pieces to the board.  I put a layer of Sparkle Mod Podge underneath and on top of the paper, smoothing out all the air bubbles as I went.  I did one side, then trimmed the edges with my exacto knofe, then flipped it over to do the front.  This was a bit harder to make it go up underneath the clip but I finally managed to make it work with only a bit of the ugly wood showing.  I then added a strip of zebra print paper to cover the gap, and then after it was all dry I pulled out my acrilyc paints and dabbed around the edges to hide all the rest of the ugly wood.  Of course I used my fave color, lime green.  Once dry, I coated the whole thing with another layer of Sparkle Mod Podge.  So here it is all nice and pretty but it is not quite done yet. 
 
Next I wanted to hide that ugly clip.  I cut some scalloped circles with my Nesties and black cardstock.  I stacked about 5 or 6 of them on top of each other to add depth, and I embossed the top one with the Divine Swirls embossing folder inmy cuttlebug.  The letter "B" is cut with some scraps and the Storybook cartridge on my Cricut.  Some adhesive bling flourishes finished it off.  And here is the finished project.
 
 
 
I wish I had thought to take my camera with me to the training I just went to in Sacramento for a week.  I took this with me and every one in the room wanted one, including the man who was sitting next to me, haha.  Your next stop on the blog hop is Danielle at http://ecoscrapbook.blogspot.com/
What better place to continue the recycling theme, than the queen of recycled papercrafting.  Don't forget to vivit all the designers as their are prizes hidden along the way.

17 comments:

  1. Becca this clipboard transformation is absolutely amazing! I love it! You did a fantastic job! I love the color combo, too!! Oh, and by the way, I really enjoyed the story that accompanied your art work. Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is sooooooooooooo scraptiffany!! great project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely recycle project! It is so shabby & pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bright and sassy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. really fun and great idea.. i have a few of those that could use some sprucing up.. thanks for sharing with us... hugs Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should make one of these for me to use at the gym! Love the colors you used and the clip cover is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your clipboard turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color combination. It turned out great!

    Robin
    www.scrapandchat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty ! I always wondered how to cover the clip - and yours is awesome. Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it... those colours are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sure that Tiffany drooled over it when she saw it. Her signature colours. Did the man want a pink one? Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic!

    iamvictorias at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What Michelle said was right on...this is "sassy!" I love how you decorated the "B" area. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice combination...yes true,true,true..it's scraptiffany.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous job! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog