Friday, February 4, 2011

Orange October

I finally got around to scrapping one of my favorite photos from the World Series this year.  As most of you know we are huge San Francisco Giants fans and we were cheering for them the whole way.  We also attended the parade after they won when they brought home the trophy.  I have tons of pics from that and will probably do a seperate album for them, but I wanted at least one picture in our regular family album and I thought this picture that my 5 year old daughter took of the hubs and I watching the game on TV would be perfect.  I don't usually do one picture layouts, but I found this sketch on pagemaps.com that called for 2 small pics and thought it would work. 



Don't you just love the logo.  My friend gave it to me at our last scrap camp.  she bought it at a scrapbook convention but she is not really a baseball fan.  It was just a flat cutout, but I added Liquid glass and some Martha Stewart glitter in Onyx.  And one of my fave parts of this page is the SF Giants paper.  I custom ordered it from scrapyourtrip.com.  It was a bit pricey, but well worth it.  I ordered a few styles that I will be using when I get around to making a full album.  One of my tricks for these pages is looking for paper around Halloween time.  We don't celebrate that holiday, but the color combo is the same as our favorite team so I always am on the lookout.



The black patterened paper seen here (sorry but I can't figure out how to rotate this picture) by Making Memories is one of my finds.  The black polka dot paper is by My Mind's Eye and the orange dots I'm not sure of but I got it from my friend the Scrapmaster.  The tickets were made by trimming some scraps of white cardstock and using my Stampin' Up ticket punch on the corners and then doodling and adding some journaling.  The flourish crystal was a gift.  The border punch is Martha Stewart and I love the tone on tone.

And here is a close up of the trims and journaling.  the sequins were a gift from my NSSS Tini(not so secret sister from the Cricut messageboards) and the orange pom pom trim I found at Beverly's.

2 comments:

  1. wow,this is cool!i love orange!!bveautiful page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo! I can see why you wanted to scrap it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love

Divine Lime Creations Etsy Shop

I used to design for

Photobucket

I used to design for

CrazyScraps

Top 5

Cuttlebugblog

Winner

Fantabulous Cricut

Winner

ACLP

Winner

Winner

Top 3

Top 3

I was a Featured Crafter at Creative Inspirations Paint blog